We’ve been in Santa Fe for a few days of exploring. It’s been bitter cold–about 20F at night, and about 30F during the day, and breezy to boot. It snowed about an inch thursday, on top of about five inches that arrived before we did. Snow on the Santa Fe plaza — brrrrrrr:
But we’ve had a good time. Highlights:
- Trying lots of Southwest food. Our favorite was The Shed, although my Huevos Motulenos at Pasqual’s was great.
- The Site Santa Fe gallery, where we saw the moving “The Disappeared” exhibit.
- The San Miguel Chapel, which is the oldest church in the U.S.
- A spectacular drive to Abiquiu and the Ghost Ranch, which were Georgia O’Keeffe’s hangouts in New Mexico.
- The O’Keeffe Museum was a disappointment to me. I was hoping to see the classic O’Keeffe’s, but they weren’t there. But I did like this “Starlit Night” watercolor: